Pasta is so versatile that it’s a favorite choice for our weekly dinners. Although we love the classic dishes, we tend to add our own twist to spice the dish to suit our pallet. This dish is a contemporary one which will go well with a nice fruity wine or a cold beer.
- Bow tie pasta – 1 packet
- Black forest ham – 6 slices cut into 1cm squares
- Broccoli – 150g broken into florets
- Alfredo sauce – 1 jar
- Onion – 1/2 diced
- Garlic – 3 cloves roughly chopped
- Green bell pepper – 1 small diced
- White mushrooms – 5 diced
- Red chillies – 2 small deseeded and thinly sliced
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Parsley – 20g roughly chopped
- Italian seasoning/dried Italian herb mix – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the packet until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and run under cold water. Retain about 1/2 cup of the liquid for the sauce.
- Melt butter in a large pan and add olive oil to prevent the butter from burning.
- Add onions and saute for two minutes. Add the garlic and saute for another two minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add ham, mushrooms, bell pepper and saute for about two more minutes.
- Add the broccoli and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes until the broccoli is al dente.
- Add salt and the alfredo sauce mixed in with the pasta water.
- Bring to a simmer and add the chillies.
- Add the pasta and mix well.
- Add the parsley, Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Serve straight or with grated parmesan as preffered.