Baby shrimp or “koonisso” are tiny shrimp with mega flavor. When theses are deep fried, they bring a distinct flavor profile to any dish. In place of the Chinese chilli paste, you can pair this condemint with mild dishes to add some heat, crunch and salt. The guys will also love it as a bar food accompanying strong spirits.
- 150g of baby shrimp (koonisso) fresh or frozen
- 2 red onions finely sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic finely sliced
- 1 inch piece of ginger finely sliced
- 30 curry leaves
- 4 inch piece of pandan cut into small pieces
- 50g of chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Deepfry separately baby shrimp, curry leaves, onions, garlic, ginger and pandan until golden brown and crispy.
- Crush the fried garlic and ginger into a powder.
- In a wok, heat 3 tablespoons of oil and fry the chilli flakes for 2 minutes.
- Add all the fried ingredients to the wok, with salt and sugar. Mix well.
- When cooled, store in an airtight container. Keep it refrigerated.
- You can enjoy it for up to two weeks or more.
One Comment Add yours