This Burmese chicken dish is a twist on the traditional chicken curry recipes usually found in Asia. Packed with sweetness from the lemongrass, it will pair well with white rice and a tangy salad.
- Chicken thighs – 5 boneless and skinless
- Lemongrass – 6 two inch pieces
- Onions – 1 sliced
- Garlic – 2 cloves minced
- Ginger – 1 inch piece minced
- Raw curry powder – 2 teaspoons (store bought or recepie found here)
- Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and brown the chicken on both sides.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add onions to the saucepan and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, lemongrass and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and black pepper powder.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and soy sauce. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is done.
- Serve with white rice and a tangy tomato salad.