There’s nothing like a good burger with a side of fries to make you feel happy. Although our favorite fast food chains offer tasty burgers at a low price, I wonder how healthy they are for my family. I also don’t trust the frozen burger patties found at the supermarket. So I prefer to make my own burgers which I believe are healthier. Also, I use fusion flavors to make them tastier.
For the burger patties:
- Ground lamb – 500g
- Red onion – 1 small finely chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves minced
- Carrot – 1 large finely chopped
- Green bell pepper – 1/2 finely chopped
- Parseley – 25g finely chopped
- Italian dry herb seasoning – 1/2 teaspoon
- Paprika powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Worcestershire sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chinese five spice – 1/2 teaspoon
- Eggs – 1 large beaten
- Breadcrumbs – 3 tablespoons (panko preffered)
- Salt and black pepper powder to taste
For the herbal mayo sauce:
- Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
- Garlic – 1 clove minced
- Parseley – 1 tablespoon chopped
- Dill – 1 tablespoon chopped
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper powder to taste
- To make the burger patties, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shape the mixture into about 10 to 12 patties depending on preference.
- Grill the patties 4 to 5 minutes per side depending on whether you like it medium or well done.
- For the mayo sauce, mix all the ingredients together.
- Butter the insides of the burger buns and grill until slightly brown and crispy.
- Serve the burger topped with onions, tomatoes and greens (as preffered) with the herbal mayo sauce and a side of oven chips.