Who doesn’t love meatballs… in spaghetti, in submarine sandwiches, in pizza, in kebabs or just on their own accompanying a beer. Somehow those store bought meatballs don’t really taste authentic. Also, you never know what goes into them. That’s why I prefer to make meatballs at home using lean turkey meat. They are healthy and taste great because I control the spices. We prefer to make them with a mildly spicy Middle Eastern taste which suits our pallet. In this recipe, I make the base for all other meatball dishes.
- Turkey meat (or chicken) – 500g ground
- Large onion – 1/2 finely diced
- Garlic – 3 cloves minced
- Carrots – 1 finely chopped
- Green bell pepper – 1 finely chopped
- Eggs – 1 large
- Parseley – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Paprika powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Breadcrumbs – 1/2 cup (preferably panko)
- Cumin powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 400f or 210c.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Make into 20-25 balls depending on preference.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with ketchup/chilli sauce or use in other dish such as spagatti and meatballs, meatballs marinara or meatballs curry.